Damp Proofing Services
07973 402495 / 01254 662517
More information about the products we use:
Silicone-based injection damp proofing is a fast, cost-efficient and highly effective form of rising damp treatment. The process involves injecting a silicone-based damp proof cream into drilled holes in the property. The solution then penetrates the masonry and creates a water repellent barrier. One of the key benefits of this type of damp proofing is that it can be used in walls that have suffered from severe water saturation.
Silicone-based injections are used to damp proof buildings where the original damp proofing course has failed due to age or deterioration.
It is designed to seep deep into the brickwork to prevent moisture from the ground rising up through the bricks by capillary action and causing rising damp. The chemicals have a consistency that allows the active component, silane, to be absorbed which line the capillaries before drying. This is what creates the water repellent barrier.
Damp course injection is also an extremely long lasting solution to damp problems. Once installed, damp proof injections should remain effective for the rest of the lifespan of the property.
Below is a more detailed description of the silicone injection cream product we use at Total Stop Damp.
Aida Injection Cream
The Innovation against Rising Damp
Aida Injection Cream is an emulsion on a silane/siloxane base. It is used for the injection of masonry work against rising damp. Because of it’s creamy consistency, it allows mortar joints to be drilled horizontally without a risk of the injection agent running out of the borehole, even when filled without pressure.
Efficient, Proven, Economic and Clean.
Pure Cream Technology offers you the following distinct advantages:
- Superior performance. With long lasting deep penetration of the active ingredient within the building material
- Optimal penetration of the active ingredient. Because of this, it allows the usage of lower, more economic concentrations in contrast to other commonly available paste products
- The unique consistency of pure cream provides superior stability in the borehole. As a result, ensuring optimal penetration of the active ingredient in all directions
- Ease of application, allowing simple loading of application guns or application by low pressure sprayer
Electro Osmotic Damp Proofing
How the system works
This system introduces a very small and perfectly safe electric current into the wall just above ground level. In addition, a series of titanium anodes are inserted into the brickwork. It’s effect is to repel the rising moisture molecules down the walls and harmlessly back into the ground. As long as this tiny positive charge is maintained, the protected walls remain dry and totally free of damp.
Installation is quick and neat. A series of small holes are drilled in the outside masonry just above ground level. Tiny anodes are inserted, linked by a special connecting wire, which is ‘pointed’ into the wall. Because of this, the finished result is virtually invisible and the disruption is minimal.
- Permanently guards against the dangers of rising damp
- Protects property of any age or structure
- Simple to install with little disturbance to building structure
- Immediately effective
- Virtually indestructible (self healing)