Spotting Signs Of Damp
07973 402495 / 01254 662517
Q: How do I spot signs of damp in my house?
We are here to help you identify the early stages
To check for any signs of damp in a house, carefully examine walls, floors and ceilings for any of the usual tell-tale symptoms . You should feel for damp patches and look under flooring that appears to be lifting. In the early stages, the only indication of a possible damp problem might be a damp or musty smell.
- A damp, musty smell.
- Mould or mildew on walls, floors or ceilings.
- Walls, floors or ceilings that feel cold or damp to the touch.
- Dark or discoloured patches on walls or plaster.
- Lifting or peeling wallpaper.
- Excessive condensation on windows.
If you spot any signs of damp in your home it is always best practice to get it treated in the early stages. This will save you from more extensive and expensive work that would have to be carried out by leaving the situation to get worse.
For more information on how to identify the types of damp, you can find more information by clicking the tabs below for a more detailed description.